The Foundation Medical Course
Master numerous medical skills used by medical professionals daily
The Apprentice Doctor® Foundation Medical Course was developed and compiled by Dr. Anton Scheepers for the Future Doctors Academy.
Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
– High School Students who want to pursue a medical career
– Undergraduate students who wish to stand out by perfecting their skills ahead of time
– Pre-med students who want to improve their med-school application and perfect their skills ahead of time
Forty to Fifty hours (including practical projects).
The Future Doctors Academy recommends that the student not rush through the course (not more than 3 hours per day) to allow for consolidation of the information. The course could be done in less than a week with full-time study; however, it is recommended that you not rush and instead allow the information to consolidate in your mind.
Furthermore we recommend that you briefly review the previous day’s work before continuing each day. This will also consolidate the knowledge in your mind.
— Register with Future Doctors Academy
— Enroll in Course
— IMPORTANT: If you wish to receive formal IADL certification (International Association for Distance Learning), there is a $29 accreditation fee payable. This certification is valid for two years.
— Simulation Kit (optional but recommended to complete the practical projects and practice the techniques you learn)
Click here to order your Apprentice Doctor® Foundation Simulation Kit
– The Apprentice Doctor® Foundation Course and accompanying Simulation Kit (including all items and instruments in the kit) are exclusively intended for educational and training purposes. No instrument or item may be used in a real clinical medical setting (emergency or otherwise).
– Without a formal medical qualification you may open yourself to medicolegal litigation if applying these techniques on the public.
– The surgical gloves contain latex. We do supply latex-free gloves as an alternative on request.
– The Apprentice Doctor® Foundation Course and Simulation Kit is suitable for students over 13 years of age. Adult supervision is recommended for students below the age of 18 years.
– The kit contains items that could be a choking hazard in the hands of toddlers. Keep out of reach of toddlers and babies!
Section 1 - Introduction
Section 2 - Basic Principles of a Medical Examination
Section 3 - Systems of the Human Body
Section 4 - Diseases Fact File
Section 5 - Assessments and Final Thoughts