Stop the Bleed
An in-depth course on how to control bleeding in an emergency setting, as well as in a controlled medical environment.
– High School Students who want to pursue a medical career
– Undergraduate students who wish to stand out by perfecting their skills ahead of time
– Pre-med students who want to improve their med-school application and perfect their skills ahead of time
– Medical School Students
– Qualified Medical Professionals who want a refresher course
– Members of the public who wish to gain the skills to save a life if/when an emergency or mass casualty event occurs
+-40 Hours (including practical projects).
The Future Doctors Academy recommends that the student not rush through the course (not more than 3 hours per day) to allow for consolidation of the information. The course could be done in less than a week with full-time study; however, it is recommended that you not rush and instead allow the information to consolidate in your mind.
From the date of enrollment, you have 16 weeks to complete the course, failing which you will need to re-enroll.
Furthermore we recommend that you briefly review the previous day’s work before continuing each day. This will also consolidate the knowledge in your mind.
– Register with Future Doctors Academy
– Enroll in Course
– Simulation Kit (optional but recommended to complete the practical projects and practice the techniques you learn)
Click here to order your Apprentice Doctor® Stop the Bleed Simulation Kit
— IMPORTANT: If you wish to receive formal certification there is a $29 accreditation fee payable. This certification is valid for two years but the certificate will remain a valuable addition to any job or academic application long after.
The Apprentice Doctor® Control Bleeding Course and accompanying Control Bleeding Simulation Kit (including all items and instruments in the kit) are exclusively intended for educational and training purposes. No instrument or item may be used in a real clinical medical setting (emergency or otherwise).
– Some applications in this course are appropriate for use/to be applied by the general public (proof of training within the past two years required), and some applications should only be used/applied by suitably qualified medical professionals. The various practical training projects are clearly marked accordingly.
– Members of the public and all people without a formal medical qualification may open themselves to medicolegal litigation if applying techniques only appropriate/allowed for qualified medical professionals.
– The simulator arm/leg simulation vein and artery tubes contain latex. We do supply latex-free simulator arms/legs as an alternative on request.
– If used in association with colored saline or fake blood—staining on surfaces and clothing may occur if not adequately protected.
– The Apprentice Doctor® Control Bleeding Kit is suitable for students over 15 years of age. Adult supervision is required for students below the age of 18 years.
– Some of the photos/videos in this course are not suitable for sensitive viewers. Parental guidance for students younger than 18 is recommended. Not suitable for students 15 years and younger.
– The kit contains items that could be a choking hazard in the hands of toddlers. Keep out of reach of toddlers and babies!
Section 1 - The Circulatory System
Section 2 - Pharmacology
Section 3 - Various Specific Entities
Section 4 - Vital Signs
Section 5 - Types of Bleeding
Section 6 - Bleeding in an Uncontrolled Environment
Section 7 - Bleeding in a Controlled Environment (Hospital/Field Hospital/Clinic/ER/OR)
Section 8 - Restoration of Blood Volume