If you want to become a great medical professional, do not miss this for anything!
A hands-on medical experience like no other – carefully designed for home application.
10-19 August 2020
Designed for aspiring future medical professionals in Grade 11, 12, as well as premed years 1-4
Attention all aspiring medical professionals in grade 10-12 and premeds at any level!
Setting: A combination of online guidance and off-line learning
Type: Online Distance Learning
Classification: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Program
Dates: 10-19 August 2020
Booking status: OPEN – Accepting Registrations
Registrations close: 31 July 2020
Eligibility: High School students in Grade 10 to 12 and students at premed years 1-4 levels.
Program fee: $495 (payable on receiving ‘acceptance to program’ notification, and no later than 1 August 2020)
The fee includes the following:
- The For Future Doctors Course and Medical Kit as well as other medical items.
2. A professional medical grade FDA approved finger Pulse Oximeter
3. Access to the accredited Future Doctor Academy Online Course material.
4. Tuition (The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Course): Eight days of packed medical tuition, including multiple practical sessions and workshops.
5. The Future Doctors Academy’s accredited certificate.
Note: students who have their own Future Doctors Kits qualify for a $50 discount
The Apprentice Doctor® Presents the Ultimate, Accredited Premedical Programs/Workshops.
Do Not Miss This for Anything!
Perform > 50 fun Practical Projects at home and gain dozens of medical skills!
The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Medical Course and associated Apprentice Doctor® Medical Kit:
- Offer a glimpse into the fascinating world of medicine.
- Promote the concept of taking responsibility for one’s health.
- May very well lead to choosing a fulfilling career in one of the numerous fields of modern medicine.
After completing The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Medical Course, students should have a good understanding of:
- An understanding of medical ethics
- The importance of taking a thorough medical history
- The basic principles of conducting a medical examination
- An understanding of how to use several medical instruments and items
- The basic human anatomy and physiology of the eleven bodily systems
- The systematic approach in diagnosing diseases
- The meaning of multiple medical terms (medical terminology)
- Various careers in medicine and healthcare
In addition to this, the student will have the following healthcare/medical skills:
- Hand washing
- Applying alcohol hand-rub
- Donning and doffing gloves
Distinguish between normal and abnormal bodily sounds
- Heart sounds
- Gastro-intestinal sounds
- Respiratory sounds
- Joint sounds
The student will be able to assess a patient’s vitals
- Heat rate
- Body temperature
- Respiratory rate
- Blood pressure
The student will be able to examine various bodily parts
- The eye
- The ear
- The skin, hair, and nails
- The mouth
The student will be able to elicit neurological reflexes
- The Patellar Reflex
- The Babinski reflex
- The Pupil-light reflex
Other medical skills (perform and interpret)
- Pulse Oximetry
The student will have a working understanding of the following topics
- The body’s water balance
- The basic principles of airway management
- Emergency medicine and trauma
- Burn injuries
- Growths (tumors)
- Several metabolic diseases
- Many infectious diseases
Proposed Program Schedule:
and then you can pay here…
Successful candidates will receive a letter of acceptance per email – as per application form.
Accreditation and Endorsements:
- Future Doctors Academy is an initiative of The Apprentice Corporation.
- The Apprentice Corporation is a member of IELA (The International E-Learning Association)
Students proudly showing their Future Doctors Academy certificates!
Terms and conditions:
Important: The selection of individual students is solely the judgement of the Apprentice Doctor® or person/s appointed by the Apprentice Doctor® for the purpose of selecting applicants. The decision regarding the selection or rejection of specific applicants is final and NO discussion will be accepted/entertained in this regard.
As the Apprentice Doctor® – Future Doctors Programs are very popular and oversubscribed – we simply accept a limited number of applications and regretfully even some great applications could very well be in the not-accepted category.
Cancellations: Cancellations before 31 July 2020 full refund less the registration fee of $50. Cancellations after 1 August 2020 – NO REFUND (judgement of the organizers will apply in cases of serious illness and death in the family).
Meet your Future Doctor Academy 2020 Online Program Team:
|Dr Anton Scheepers
Your international program host
Practicing O&MF Surgeon
Director of the Future Doctors Academy
|Proferssor Chishimba Nathan Mowa BVM, MVM, PhD
Acting Dean of the Future Doctors Academy
ASU, Boone, NC
| Dr Dexter Frederick MD
Director of the B.E.S.T. Academy
International Apprentice Doctor® or associated programs:
- USA – Baltimore MD: The Envision Advanced Medical Program 2017, 2018 and 2019
- USA – Tampa FL: The BE.S.T. Academy Future Doctors Program 2010 – 2019
- USA – Boone NC: The Appalachian State University Program 2015 – 2019
- Australia – Perth WA: The Scitech Future Doctors Program 2017 and 2018
- Johannesburg – South Africa: Multiple yearly programs (2010 – 2020)
- Other programs: Durham, Duke University, NC, Pretoria South Africa, Newark NJ to name just a few…
The Apprentice Corporation – Leaders in Medical Education Since 2002